Roger L. Crowe Jr.
Crowe defending client on ABC’s 20/20
Roger Crowe has been a Criminal Defense Attorney for 37 years. He was an assistant district attorney for Carteret County for four years.He has represented tens of thousands of clients. His reputation as a trial Attorney is exceeded only by his devotion to his Family and Community. Recently, The NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION, named him to the "Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers in North Carolina."
Roger was born in Dunn, North Carolina. He attended NC State University where he double majored in Business and Economics. He attends services at First United Methodist Church in Morehead City. Roger has been married for 39 years and has 2 Children. He enjoys fishing and boating.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal and Traffic Defense
- North Carolina, 1982
Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Association, named to the "Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers in North Carolina"
- Top 100 DWI Attorneys in North Carolina - National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Premier 100 Trial Attorneys - American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Best Lawyers in America (Inducted 2012)
- Best Law Firms in America (First Tier Ranking)
Appointments by Governor
- North Carolina Economic Development Board (served 2 terms)
- North Carolina Coastal Resource Commission Vice Chairman (served 2 terms)
- North Carolina Small Business Counsel
- Governor's Transition Team Department Environmental and Natural Resources, Member
- Governor's Study Commission, Military Outly Landing Field, Member
- 2017 - Appointed to Governor Roy Cooper's 2017 Transition Team
- State Finance Committee Governor Roy Cooper (served 2 terms)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Carteret County Bar Association, Past President
- Carteret County Bar Association, Member
- N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Advocates for Justice, Patron Member
- N.C. Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Carteret County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Former Member, Staff Parrish Committee, 2 Terms and Finance Committee First United Methodist Church, Morehead City, North Carolina
- Past President, Board of Directors, Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament, 1999 - 2001 and 2013 - 2015
- Member, Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament Board of Directors 22 years
- Past Member, Founding Board of Directors "Take a Kid Fishing Foundation"
- Secretary, Big Rock Blue Marlin Foundation
- Member, Carteret County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Carteret County Economic Development